Admiral Prout Field House (NBSD)
MWR’s state-of-the-art fitness centers are stocked with the most up-to-date equipment and staffed with qualified fitness experts available to help you design a workout to meet your fitness needs, whether it’s weight loss, toning or pumping iron. MWR fitness centers offer group exercise classes, including boot camp workouts, Zumba, spinning and yoga. Family-friendly fitness areas and classes are available for patrons with children in attendance.
Facility use and most fitness classes are FREE to all active duty, reservists, retirees, dependents (12 years and up) and DoD civilians. Civilian contractors and guests (where authorized) are required to pay a small fee for use of facilities and classes.
Pick up a Group Exercise Schedule at any of our Naval Base Fitness Facilities or view the schedule online.
Computerized Health and Fitness Assessments
This offer is FREE for active duty and only a small fee for all other MWR patrons. Assess your current strength, flexibility, aerobic capacity, and knowledge of nutrition and body composition with a Health & Fitness Assessment from an MWR Fitness Professional. Assessments are available by appointment.
* NBPL, Main Base Fitness Center, Bldg. 1 - 619-553-7553
* NASNI, VADM Martin Fitness Center, Bldg. 1507 - 619-545-0237
NMCSD Personal Training
MWR offers one-on-one or dual personal training, plus Microfit Assessments. Stop by the Fitness Center in Bldg. 26, pay for the service, then call our trainers with your receipt number to secure your appointment. This is a fee-based program.
[NMCSD Personal Training Information - document to download]
FREE Fitness Instruction
Get more out of your workout with individual or small group sessions with an MWR professional fitness trainer. Why wait? Get started today! Contact your base Fitness Center at:
- Peak Performance, Bldg. 170, 619-437-2984
- VADM Martin Fitness Center, Bldg. 1507, 619-545-0237
- NBPL, Main Base
- NBPL, Main Base Fitness Center, Bldg. 1, 619-553-7552
- NBPL, NBPL Harbor Drive Annex
- NBPL, Harbor Drive Annex Fitness Center, Bldg. 30, 619-524-4833
- Admiral Prout Field House, Bldg. 3279, 619-556-7444
- The Olde Gym Fitness Complex, Bldg. 223, 619-556-7450
- Harborside Sports and Fitness Complex, Bldg. 3477, 619-556-2064
- Mussel’s, Downtown Broadway Complex, Bldg. 1, 619-532-1341
Private or semi-private adult, youth, and group lessons are available in hour- or half hour- long sessions. Taught by a USPTA Tennis Professional. Sign up today!
- NBSD: 619-556-7444
- NASNI & NAB: 619-906-6785
Please Note: All lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance or payment in full is required.
Family Friendly Fitness with MWR!
Good news parents! MWR has four Family Friendly Fitness (F3) Centers. Each specially designed F3 exercise area features cardio and strength training equipment with an enclosed child play area. Get a great workout and keep an eye on your kids... it’s a win-win!
- NBPL, Main Base Gym - NBPL, Main Base - Bldg. 1 - 619-553-7552
- Indoor Racquetball Courts - NBSD - Bldg. 3317 - 619-556-7452
- Peak Performance - NAB - Bldg. 170 - 619-437-2984
- VADM Martin Fitness Center - NASNI - Bldg. 1507 - 619-545-0237
Treat Yourself Well! An MWR massage is the perfect treat for yourself or someone you love! Book your appointment today! Gift certificates available.
- NAB, Bldg. 162 - 619-437-2186
- NASNI, Bldg. 1507 - 619-545-0237
- NBSD, Bldg. 223 - 619-556-7450
- NBPL, Bldg. 1 - 619-553-7552
- NMCSD, Bldg. 26, Floor 1B - 619-532-7629