Housing Service Center (Metro San Diego)
San Diego’s Housing Service Center (HSC) offers personalized housing services specializing in finding both temporary and long term, apartment, condo, and home rentals. Other services include local area orientation and home buying counseling. All military personnel, unaccompanied and accompanied, their families, as well as DoD employees are eligible for these services.
Our mission is to provide housing support for all families and unaccompanied personnel moving to or departing from the San Diego Region. In addition to navy personnel, we also provide housing assistance to service members assigned to MCAS Miramar, MCRD and USCG Sector San Diego. Our goal is to help service members, both unaccompanied or those with families, locate suitable, affordable and safe housing. Click here for our housing quick reference guide.
If you are leaving the area we can help you with departure services to put you in contact with your new duty station and the information that will help you settle quickly at your next PCS location. For Commands, we offer Homeport Change Briefings and Group Orientations.
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Local Area Orientation
- Temporary Housing Information
- Personalized Home, Condo and Apartment Finding Assistance
- Provide Rental Listings
- Roommate Finding
- Verifying Eligibility and Processing Applications for Public-Private Venture (PPV) Military Housing
- Maintaining PPV Military Housing Wait List
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Housing Check-in
- Lease Agreement Review and Counseling
- Home Purchasing & Selling Counseling
- Maps and Directions of Local Area
- Providing information on PPV and community housing at your new duty station
- Processing and faxing PPV housing application packages to your new duty station
- Homeport Change Briefings and Group Orientations
- Tenant/Landlord dispute resolution
- Real Estate Listing Services
- Property Management Counseling
- Cost Savings & Assistance Programs (SCRA, HAP, MVP, etc)
- Telephones, photocopy and fax machines are available without charge
Military Value Program
The Military Value Program is a partnership between the Housing Welcome Center and local hotels to provide the military with discounted lodging options. The downloadable brochure lists the latest available rates (excluding holidays).
Home Buying and Selling
Buying a home is one of the most complicated and expensive purchases you will ever make. Getting the best deal on the purchase can reduce the life of the loan costs by thousands of dollars. Housing Services Center counselors can provide you with complete, objective and unbiased information on the home buying process.