Command Leadership Corner
FFSC Military Spouse and Family Survey
FFSC is opening a new community-based site in Kearny Mesa. We are considering incorporating a Military Spouse and Family Welcome Center in the new FFSC.
As we begin planning for this, we would like you to provide some ideas to help us meet your needs. Please take a few minutes and take the survey.
The Fleet and Family Support Center provides services such as relocation assistance, new parent support, deployment services, clinical counseling services, financial management counseling, family employment services, family advocacy and the transition assistance programs.
Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) is proud to support commands and Sailors in achieving readiness, retention, and resiliency goals. FFSC offers a number of programs to support commands and command leadership, including:
- Family Advocacy Program
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Program
- Combat and Operational Stress First Aid
- Crisis Response to Deaths, Suicides, Injuries & Other Crises
- Training on Area Resources
- Homeport Change Support
- And More!
- Guidelines for New Commanding Officers (PDF document - available in the download section)
- Navy’s Leader’s Guide for Managing Sailors in Distress
- LifeLink - the Navy Suicide Prevention Program's monthly newsletter
- Command Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Point of Contact (POC) Training
- Command Family Care Plan Coordinator Training
- Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Initial Training
- Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Refresher Training
- Command INDOCs - Offered by Command Request and conducted as part of your Commend Indoctrination at your command (Overview of FFSC services.)
- Command Sponsor Coordinator Training
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) Command Representative Initial Training
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) Command Representative Quarterly Refresher Training
- Family Readiness Group (FRG) Advanced Training
- Family Readiness Group (FRG) Initial Training
- IA Sailor & Family Deployment Readiness Consultations (Individual one-on-ones are conducted)
- Ombudsman Advanced Training (may be coordinated with FFSC San Diego)
- Ombudsman Basic Training (OBT) (may be coordinated with FFSC San Diego)
- Certified Ombudsman Trainer (COT) Class (held at FFSCSan Diego)
- SAPR Liaison Initial Training
- SAPR Point of Contact (POC) & Liaison Quarterly Meeting
- SAPR Point of Contact (POC)/Data Collection Coordinator (DCC) Initial Training
- SAPR Victim Advocate Initial Training
- SAPR Victim Advocate Refresher Training
- Transition GPS & Retiree Transition GPS
One Call Serves All!
24/7 Appointment Scheduling for clinical counseling, relocation assistance, resume assistance, and financial consultations at any Navy Region Southwest FFSC call 1-866-923-6478.