Command Leadership Corner
Off-base Fleet & Family Support Centers have re-opened!
Bayview Hills, Gateway Village, Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa branches are now open for in-person services!
Fleet and Family Support Centers are available to provide support via phone, tele-health, in person appointments, email, social media, webinar and command GMTs under certain conditions during current HPCON Bravo designation.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our providers, please call Centralized Scheduling at 1-866-923-6478.
If you have not been fully vaccinated against COVID, please wear a mask.
- Guidelines for New Commanding Officers (PDF document - available in the download section)
- Navy’s Leader’s Guide for Managing Sailors in Distress
- LifeLink - the Navy Suicide Prevention Program's monthly newsletter
- Navy Family Ombudsman Program Commander’s Guide
- Family Advocacy Program
- Mind, Body, Mental Fitness
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Program
- Expanded Operational Stress Control (E-OSC)
- Crisis Response to Deaths, Suicides, Injuries & Other Crises
- Homeport Change Support
- Training on Area Resources
- Sailor Assistance and Intercept for Life (SAIL) - SAIL is a voluntary program that quickly provides support to you during the stressful period after a suicide-related behavior (SRB). SAIL does not replace mental health treatment. SAIL serves as an outreach service that connects to your mental health providers, your command and other programs you may be participating in to ensure your recovery and a smooth re-integration into your command. Your SAIL case manager will assess your risk for future SRBs, and help you create a safety plan. Their goal is to help you manage your risk of SRBs and reduce your distress. You may reach out to arrange SAIL services at (619) 556-8809.
- And More!
FFSC Courses for Command Program Leaders
- Command Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Point of Contact (POC) Training
- Command Family Care Plan Coordinator Training
- Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Initial Training
- Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Refresher Training
- Command INDOCs - Offered by Command Request and conducted as part of your Command Indoctrination at your command (Overview of FFSC services.)
- Command Sponsor Coordinator Training
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) Command Representative Initial Training
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) Command Representative Quarterly Refresher Training
- Family Readiness Group (FRG) Advanced Training
- Family Readiness Group (FRG) Initial Training
- IA Sailor & Family Deployment Readiness Consultations (Individual one-on-ones are conducted)
- Ombudsman Advanced Training (may be coordinated with FFSC San Diego)
- Ombudsman Basic Training (OBT) (may be coordinated with FFSC San Diego)
- Certified Ombudsman Trainer (COT) Class (held at FFSC San Diego)
- SAPR Liaison Initial Training
- SAPR Point of Contact (POC) & Liaison Quarterly Meeting
- SAPR Point of Contact (POC)/Data Collection Coordinator (DCC) Initial Training
- SAPR Victim Advocate Initial Training
- SAPR Victim Advocate Refresher Training
- Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
General Military Training
To schedule GMT, download and use the Training Request Form available in the downloads section of this page. We can tailor trainings for your command -
- Active Duty Pregnancy Resources
- Anger Management
- Command Sponsor Coordinator Training
- Sponsor Training
- Change of Homeport/Relocation Briefs
- Deployment Readiness/Pre Deployment Briefs
- Effective Communication
- Family Advocacy Prevention (various briefings)
- Family Care Plan
- FFSC Overview (We will come to your command Indoc)
- Leadership Resource Training (LRT)/Area Resource Training (ART)
- Personal Financial Management (Subject matter at command discretion)
- Resource Tables
- Return and Reunion
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (various briefings)
- Suicide Prevention
- Stress Management
- Time Management
One Call Serves All!
24/7 Appointment Scheduling for clinical counseling, relocation assistance, resume assistance, and financial consultations at any Navy Region Southwest FFSC call 1-866-923-6478.